Saturday, April 12, 2014

Nature has always been a calming space for me

As you can tell, I have been shy about publishing what I have written.  Reading happy blogs sometimes makes me happy but other times put me into the depths of depression.  This blog will hopefully help people in similar situations.   I have "Googled" many phrases over the years for help, comfort and to hopefully pull myself up, up and away and just to find other people who are struggling with life occurrences and illnesses.  

Finding out other people need help and what tools they use to conquer their problems sometimes is the best medicine.  Most of the time people just need someone to listen.   People from all walks of life suffer in their own little worlds.  We all make fun of Facebook but we still log in every day.   It is a "bridge" for what is happening in the every day life of friends and family, especially families who are separated by miles.   Some posts are always, happy, happy, happy (and we all wonder if this is bull shit) and while others post their political views (which I don't want to read and/or don't want it shoved down my throat, but to each his own), what they did the night before, how much they partied, what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, how many times the baby laughed, cried or pooped, how fabulous their homes are, their hobbies and crafts, sporting events, what to buy for that special person and occasion, glorious, fattening and decadent recipes (I do love "The Pioneer Woman"), health food, funny quotes.  We are all caught up in the wilds of the "information highway" and truly overloaded.

I, myself, do like to smell the roses, when I can pull myself up and out of the dregs.   Nature has always been a calming space for me.  The "little things" in life are so special.   #Photography has been my friend for many years.   I began with a splurge purchase of a Nikon N 70 camera in the late 80's and dove right into Photography classes (drug my husband with me!!!), had the developed the film for my homework, shared with the class and truly discovered I knew nothing.   I was so excited when my husband bought my first digital camera, a Sony Cybershot.    Better than sliced bread.    It is so wonderful to just click and go.  When you get home and load the hundreds of pictures you took on your journey it is like a shot of adrenaline.   Maybe you get one fantastic shot out of hundreds, but that one shot is worth it.  I am definitely not a professional photographer, but I take my trusty #Canon SX50 HS with me everywhere.  Just a little note for those fellow #RA sufferers, this camera is small and easy to hold when the hands are inflamed and hurting.

In our neighborhood...

Took this shot in my backyard...

Stella, our #Labradoodle, loves to accompany me on photo shoots!!!  (Taken through side mirror on car, love the raindrops)


I am fascinated with the farm animals in our area.   You never know what to expect, from cattle and horse farming to donkeys to Llama to Alpaca...and of course, goats, sheep, chickens, rabbits and birds.




In the following pages you will read about what life has thrown at our family (if you can just bear with me after the first few posts, I will try to lift the reader up and out of our disasters but I had to get it off my chest) along with cooking, photography, my artwork, reading and probably TV and movies (love old movies), crocheting, sewing and my struggle living with #Rheumatoid Arthritis.  

"Doberman" - sold




2 comments:

  1. Nature has always been a great source of calming replenishment for me. Living by the City Park and bayou here in New Orleans is very therapeutic in that it's kind of a country oasis in the middle of what can be at times, ghetto urban chaos. Being around animals and nature helps remind me that the world I live in is kind of a man made distortion, that life can be really beautiful and simple… that squirrel, crow, duck, helps remind me to be grateful that I have shelter and food, the simple things that I cannot live without.

    ReplyDelete