Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#Count Your Blessings...

Count your Blessings:


Link to "The Secret" - Count your blessings:

http://themagicofthesecret.blogspot.com/2012/04/day-1-count-your-blessings.html




When you are totally depressed, anxious, feeling down, emotionally drained, physically drained and worried about all life throws at you, what do we need to do?

Count your blessings.   Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis is an everyday struggle and when you worry, it brings more of the same.

While checking my email account Sunday, I came across an email from "The Secret".   It is always uplifting to read these articles but this one struck me and made me sit up and listen.

Self-help books are not usually my cup of tea, but the two that I keep going back to in times of despair are #"The Secret" and #"The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron.

When you are in the depths of anxiety, it is very hard to find the "get up and go", especially dealing with #Ra,  but somehow these two books help, that is when I dust off the covers and read a little passage.

Our landlord has decided to sell the home we live in, so we have to move.  The stress from just thinking about this move sends me over the edge.   We can't afford this move, not to mention who is going to pack this whole house?

The only place we have found that is affordable is missing one room.  So that means, down-sizing and getting rid of pieces of furniture that I like.   I didn't say "need", just like.  I have only a few pieces that I have collected over the years and I know that it is "only" a thing, but I have a strange attachment to some "things".

Time is slipping away and I need to have a garage sale, not only to purge, but to make a little money for the move.  So after reading my email from "The Secret", two days ago I began the exercise described in the article.  Hopefully, this exercise will bring a new light into my life and bring good things my way.

Just thought I would blog about this and hope it will help others with their struggles.  Being positive is not easy, but I need to try.  I am on my third day of making my Gratitude list.  Here is a little boost from the article to get you started on your list:



GRATITUDE !

Thought I would add a favorite dish my cousin gave me years ago.  When you are tired of the meals you make, try this Mexican Casserole.  It is easy and yummy and kids and adults alike seem to love it!

Bea's Taco Casserole:

Ingredients:

3 lb. ground chuck
2 pkg Taco seasoning mix
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1/3 can water
1 can cheddar cheese soup or nacho cheese soup, plus 1 can milk
2 - 5oz pkg Mahatma yellow rice mix
grated cheddar cheese for topping

Brown ground chuck and drain.  Add taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce and 1/3 can water.  Let simmer.  Next, cook rice according to package directions, set aside.  Now in a small pot, mix cheese soup and 1 can milk, stirring until cheese is melted.  Spray Pam into Pyrex dish...I use an oval Pyrex dish that has deep sides.  Place 1 cup of meat sauce in bottom of dish.  Next layer some rice, then spoon half of cheese soup mixture over rice.  Repeat layer ending with cheese soup mixture.  Top with grate cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Serve with taco chips, lettuce, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, picante sauce and sour cream.  Spoon taco salad onto plate and let guests add their favorite toppings.

This recipe is a nice change from tacos.

"Polka Dot Vases" by Johnel



1 comment:

  1. I was been transformed to a Vampire through the help of a vampire spell member who lives in Florida, it was just as Easy as possible, at first i was thinking it going to take a while for my ( D.N.A.) to respond to the spell, all i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. If your dream is to become a powerful person in life contact. Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete