Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back on the "Gratitude" Band Wagon and Tunisian Crochet







 Here is a link to The Secret website:

http://thesecret.tv/





Some of my favorite "Gratitude" Quotes














Everyone talks about gratitude but when you wake up in the morning with #Rheumatoid Arthritis, the first thing that comes to mind is not how grateful I am to have this disease but,  how do these joints feel today and will I be able to get up and maneuver through the day?

On top of this, try depression, going through a really bad time right now.  Really hard to carry on like I'm OK because I'm not.  I've started reading the daily posts from "The Secret" and it really helps with the negativity I have experienced of late.  Read the book and subscribe by email.  Seems every little bit helps when dealing with pain, depression and a chronic illness.

Sugar cookies- RA (rheumatoid arthritis) Sucks! May is Arthritis Awareness month.






 Learning Tunisian Crochet

My first Tunisian Crochet attempt !


On to better topics, I am embarking on another Tunisian Crochet stitch.  I just learned one a couple of weeks ago and it is great.  Have found some good videos on the subject and thought I would share a new stitch.

This video by Kim Guzman is of the foundation stitch which is used to begin Tunisian Crochet.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_6CRJJLltQ&list=PLoH3zXZBXpSNeMMlWqQNQJyH07Z40U54f&index=2



And here is her blog with all her how-to videos.  They are very helpful and easy to follow, great teacher.

kimguzman.com/blog/tunisian-crochet-its-time-to-learn/

Some of my favorite, reasonably priced, yarns are Caron Simply Soft.  It is sold by the skein, 315 yards, no dye lot, medium4, 100% acrylic and machine washable.   Is available on line from Ebay and other yarn distributors and also Wal-mart (link below)

walmart.com/ip/Caron-Simply-Soft-Yarn/21267540

and another site for yarn:  yarnspirations.com/yarns/simply-soft

The yarn I used on the pictured scarf above is by Cascade Yarns, called Cherub Aran, 240 yards, 55% Nylon/45% acrylic.  It is soft and luscious and easy to work.  I purchased it at our local yarn shop and thought you might like taking a look at their website:

http://yarnhousestudio.tumblr.com/

Yarnhouse Studio is so cute so I have to post a photo.  Planning on stopping by soon although I always get in trouble !

Yarnhouse Studio, Opelika, Al





Ready to go again.  Just started this scarf tonight and trying to decide which new stitch to tackle.  Will keep you posted as it progresses.

The Beginning

Go forth and be grateful...




No comments:

Post a Comment