Tuesday, March 4, 2014

  I must admit, I do love snowfall in the South !
"Snow on Buddha's belly"

"Snowing through the window screen"

"A little chilly for an Auburn Tiger"

The saga continues...Snow storm if January 2014...

I have been waiting, not so patiently, for my first #Rheumatologist appointment in almost two years.  My last was in New Orleans in November of 2012.   Since acquiring medical insurance, in May of 2013, I contacted the doctor here and could not get in until January 29, 2014.   So I have been waiting at least six months.

Here comes the snow, the day before my appointment and like in most Southern towns, just the mention of the white stuff shuts everything down.   I am always a little nervous before these appointments, but had psyched myself up for the moment, then shut down.   They did call me to re-schedule and now February 7 is on the horizon.

I am dutifully making my "ask the doctor" list, along with a list of my medications.  I guess I just conjure up all kinds of maladies before each appointment.  I don't believe he will be prepared to give me an hour of his time!!

Went for my appointment and really liked the doctor.  He actually listened to me.  He is keeping me on same meds:  Prednisone, Methotrexate injections, Plaquinil, Folic Acid and thyroid.  I did inform him that depression and anxiety had shown their ugly heads and he tried me on Effexor....took one and felt strange all day so that was the end of that.   Next appointment in 3 months.






No comments:

Post a Comment